question

Amirhossein Hakimnejad avatar image
Amirhossein Hakimnejad asked

Problem in send email action for a segment(Nothing happens)

Hi

We have an announcement about our project that we want to share with some users(a segment) by sending an email to them, we taught scheduled tasks with send email action would do the job but nothing happens when we try to use it.

So what would be the problem? Maybe it isn't design to do such thing??

Any suggestions about the problem?

tasksscheduled tasks
8 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

May I have your Title ID, scheduled Task name? Scheduled tasks can be used to send emails for members in a segment, however, we still need more information for the investigation.

1 Like 1 ·
Amirhossein Hakimnejad avatar image Amirhossein Hakimnejad Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Title id: 5E0B

Task: WOW is published

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Seth Du ♦ commented ·

From the Game Manager, I notice the affected players are 0. Do you select the correct segement? Otherwise, you should take a look at the corresponding segment, and there should be Player count displayed in the Segement page. Please make sure the filter is configured correctly.

0 Likes 0 ·
Amirhossein Hakimnejad avatar image Amirhossein Hakimnejad Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Yes, the affected players are 0 and that is the problem. I did choose the whole players segment for that and I got 0 affected players. I also did a test on a segment with only one user and it worked. Go ahead and run a new task on whole players with send email-wow is published action and see it for yourself.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Hi, may I ask do you still have any issues on segmentation? I am wondering which segmentation is not working. I have noticed the default ones like, Lapsed Players and Week Two Active Players segments are working properly. In terms of those with 0 players, please confirm that the filter is set correctly.

0 Likes 0 ·

I'm experiencing the issue on all players(I mentioned it before as the whole players segment) and getting zero affected players.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Amirhossein Hakimnejad commented ·

I see. Thanks for your patience. I cannot view the details inside the scheduled tasks. Hence, It will be helpful if you can briefly describe how do you send email. Is it via Cloud Script or via Email template?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Hi, we have received the feedback from the team that Scheduled Tasks not working issue should be fixed now. Please feel free to tell us if you still have any problems on implementing Scheduled Tasks.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I thought it can be a configuration issue but after discussing with the team, according to few several similar cases, we have filed a bug and I will keep this thread updated when there is any feedback from the team.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.