question

madmojoman avatar image
madmojoman asked

RedeemMatchmakerTicket: Game not found

Using the Legacy Multiplayer Custom Game Server and sometimes I'm seeing a "/Server/RedeemMatchmakerTicket: Game not found" error showing up in the logs and it seems like the rest of the server processes aren't loading up properly when it occurs.

What could cause this error to pop up? I mean, the server is up and running and it responds to requests from the client and they show up in the logs properly where expected, just some of the other startup processes just never end up running when this happens. I'm working on adding in some better error-handling for when it occurs to perhaps retry whatever process is receiving that response and not continuing forward properly. (I tend to only see it show up once or twice before nothing happens and things don't work right for anyone that connects up to the server afterward.) But just curious if anyone has an idea what may be the underlying issue there, especially since it doesn't happen very often. Game definitely exists. Heheh.

apisCustom Game Servers
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

The only case in which a call to RedeemMatchmakerTicket would return the GameNotFound error would be if the ticket submitted to the call was for a game instance that's not running. Can you double-check that the ticket being passed to your server is always the one that was just received from the call to Matchmake on the client? Besides, can you please clarify where are the servers being hosted - PlayFab or elsewhere? And what matchmaker are you using, and if it's not the PlayFab matchmaker, where is it hosted? Then you can also navigate to these threads PlayFabServerAPI.RedeemMatchMakerTicket returns game notfound, Playfab Matchmaking Player Joined error for some references.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

madmojoman avatar image madmojoman commented ·

Hmm.. Alright. We did have a few issues with duplicate servers starting up and then having to request them to be shut down. Perhaps that was coming up due to some other server issues. Servers hosted on PlayFab. I assume it's just the matchmaking to connect up to server itself. I'll review those threads to see if any extra information pops up that may help.

Seems like it may be unrelated to the issues we're experiencing now, so I may just ignore this for the moment. Appreciate the response!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.