question

Ajikenai avatar image
Ajikenai asked

Can I use my WordPress website as a Callback URL for a password account recovery with PlayFab?

If not, are there any other ways of going about password account recovery without a website?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

I am not expert on WordPress but if you look into the Step five and Step six of our official tutorial: Using email templates to send an account recovery email, what PlayFab did is quite simple. Basically it will generate an auth_token_validated event, then PlayFab will add a query string containing PlayFab ID to the end of callback URL you set in the Email template configuration. As far as I know, WordPress should support read query string but you need confirmation from their official developer community. Moreover, you should also implement PlayFab SDK (I assume it should be JavaScript SDK) at the backend of the website so that player can upload the new password to backend.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.