question

rogerolier avatar image
rogerolier asked

The recommended way to get multiple users basic data

Hi!

I want to get basic data from a bunch of users (40-60), for a clan system.

My problem is that GetProfiles doesn't work. Is there any recommended way to get basic data from a bunch of players?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Can you please clarify what specifically isn't working for you? GetProfiles is the way to get the profile information for a set of users. It returns the Entity Objects for the players, so that you can have quick access to that key data for that set of players.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Joe Hopkins avatar image Joe Hopkins commented ·

Please respond to his Answer below. We are running into the same issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
rogerolier avatar image
rogerolier answered

The problem is that GetProfiles doesn't return basic data (like the name, or statistics), and my question is if there is a way to obtain this data without having to do 40 to 60 calls (one for every player), that is not only very slow (with the 2 seconds wait), is also not very efficient for playfab servers.
I mean, of course I can do the 60 calls, I just one to know if there are other ways to do that on a much more efficient way.

4 comments
10 |1200

Hey Roger, have you figured out a solution to this? We are having the same problem.

0 Likes 0 ·

Also how were you able to call GetProfiles? We cannot find the option in the Unity plugin.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Hopkins avatar image Joe Hopkins Seth Du ♦ commented ·

But doesn't GetPlayerCombinedInfo only return data for one player? The question is about multiple users.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.