question

Gabriel Dechichi avatar image
Gabriel Dechichi asked

Multiplayer 2.0 doesn't work with Unreal Server

I have been trying to get a Unreal server to work with PlayFab Multiplayer 2.0 for a while now, without success. Currently I have just a empty project with the GSDK integrated, following this guide: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uumfZEa6nQyKBXJbezwUo5duxKjMYJ9p/view

My project is exactly like the guide, and I verified the container runs on my local environment (though the MockVmAgent seems to terminate the server after it has been in Active state for a while).

The main problem is that, after deploying to Playfab, the server VM shows `ProppingFailed`. When connecting to the VM, I can't find the `ExtAssets` folder, which I believe should hold the binaries I've uploaded? This made the problem quite hard to debug.

I'd appreciate Playfab help on this.

playfabvm.png (26.0 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Gabriel Dechichi avatar image
Gabriel Dechichi answered

After quite a while debugging I was able to verify that Playfab was failing to upload the server .zip, returning `HTTP Error 413 Payload Too Large`. However, the PlayFab Game Manager was silently failing and continuing with the deploy, only failing around 1 hour later. Additionally, the server .zip were being added to Playfab backend, even though it was empty due to the 413 error, which made the problem even harder to debug.

Realizing this, I was able to make the server build smaller and the server deployed correctly. But I think this is a very problematic UI issue on the Game Manager.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

Hi, we are aware of this issue and are reaching out to the corresponding team, thanks for your feedback:)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.