question

samcsantillo avatar image
samcsantillo asked

Playfab 2.0

With legacy Playfab, to have the player display as connected to the game they'd have the redeem their ticket upon joining the match. This would make them visible in the active match on the site and then also display in the archives. I am wondering what the equivalent to that is now with Playfab 2.0 or how do you properly indicate a entity.player is in a match? I have followed the documentation and do manage a Microsoft::Azure::Gaming::ConnectedPlayer array. Currently when I have an active server it shows the name of the machine they are on but nothing tied to their playfab account or anything. Thanks!

game managerMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

ConnectedPlayer is a variable that is maintained on your own in the server build. If you are using the matchmaking feature, title player ID for matched players will be returned in the GetMatch API call. In terms server build, you may need to send customized packets to inform the server who you are.

Moreover, you can make use of variable InitialPlayers, which is a list pre-set when the matchmaking is done and it can be used to validate the connected players. Please refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/multiplayer/matchmaking/multiplayer-servers.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

samcsantillo avatar image samcsantillo commented ·

I understand this, but how does this tie into the players data being archived? It seems anything can be passed in for the name of the player and it will show the server/build, but before it would tie in with their playfab ids. You could find a match a specific player was in and grab server logs from that.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ samcsantillo commented ·

Sorry for the late response, but after the discussion with the team, we still need more information about your scenario. May I ask are you trying to retrieve the player IDs along with their related data in the log of archived server ? I believe you need to manually implement your log functions to help you retrieve that information. May I also ask are you trying to monitor the player status of the server instance via Game Manager? It is not supported for now but please feel free to send a Feature Request thread if possible.

0 Likes 0 ·
samcsantillo avatar image samcsantillo Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Well I think you might have answered my question right there. To be clear however, I am mainly talking about within the Playfab interface itself. Seeing which players were connected to a certain session and viewing their session history was amazingly convenient. If I am not mistaken, the only approach right now would be to sift through each archived log and find inside that log whatever it is I am looking for? I can display the current players names in an active match just fine, but it's the archives I am wondering about.

Side note: Accidentally forgot to properly name the thread, so if possible would like it changed to something more relevant like "Playfab 2.0 Archiving" or something like that. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
archiving.png (23.1 KiB)
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.