question

Travis Lange avatar image
Travis Lange asked

Windows Build Not Uploading to Multiplayer (3 Bugs)

When attempting to upload a new asset (in our case our windows build) it won't upload. The name gets inserted into the the drop down when I refresh my screen, but I know it doesn't upload that fast. We also don't get any kind of feedback as to the upload progress. All uploading does is seem to add the name of our .zip file to the list of assets without actually uploading the asset.

Also, so far our builds that we are attempting to upload come back "unhealthy" which also makes me think they aren't actually being uploaded.

This picture above is what I see right after I select the file to upload. I don't get any kind of progress indicator. It behaves like it just won't upload.

However, when I refresh my screen, the asset that I attempted to upload is in the drop down list (which is strange because I refreshed instantly to see if the name would still appear and it did).

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as it brings our use of PlayFab's services when it comes to game servers and matchmaking to a complete standstill. Thanks.

Update 1:

After waiting some time (I presume for the upload to finish) the drop down does get set to the name of the asset I just uploaded. However, names of the assets that did not upload correctly were still added to the drop down list when I refresh the page.

A progress indicator of the upload would be very nice as I did not know it was even uploading. I only saw that it uploaded when I returned back to the page after I finished writing this question. It is currently deploying and I will update if the deploy is successful.

It seems strange that names of assets get added to the drop down even though they did not finish uploading making them useless.

Update 2:

I am still waiting on the deploy to finish so no update on that yet. Another thing I noticed is that you can proceed on to deployment BEFORE the upload finishes resulting in an "unhealthy" build.

Update 3:

The deployment just finished on the one that I waited for the name to appear in the drop down before proceeding or refreshing. It says that it was deployed successfully.

TL;DR;

To sum up I found 3 bugs

1. There is no progress indicator for uploading assets.
  2. You can proceed to deployment before the upload finishes.
  3. If you refresh the page before the upload finishes, the name will get added to the drop down of assets even though it didn't finish uploading making it unusable. I think this probably happens regardless of the page refresh. I think the asset file name probably gets added to your database of assets even if nothing uploaded.
windows
playfab-bug.png (8.4 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

1.No, there is no progress indicator for uploading assets. And yes, it’s very helpful to have a progress indicator to check if assets are actually uploaded. However, this sounds like a feature request rather than a bug, you can make a feature request about it. By the way, a workaround for checking uploading status is to look into the network status in the Developer Tools (usually F12 in most browsers) to see if they are successfully uploaded:

2&3. Yes, I can confirm the issue that proceeding to deployment is allowed before the upload finishes. And, I can reproduce the issue that the asset name is still added to the drop-down list after refreshing the page before the upload finishes. I will report this to the engineering team to investigate, thanks for your feedback:)

uploadstatus.png (22.0 KiB)
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Travis Lange avatar image Travis Lange commented ·

Awesome! Thanks for the response! Yes I agree "1." is more of a feature request. The only reason I called it a bug is because I know that in the past there used to be a spinning widget while a build was uploading. I thought it might not be appearing like it is supposed too. Anyways thanks for the help! I'll file a feature request for it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.