question

Teodor Plop avatar image
Teodor Plop asked

API Call Limit for Scheduled Tasks

Hi there!

I have a game with wars between gruops. I want to create a script that runs once per day, and it passes through all groups and sets it to fight with another clan. I retain that in one Object called Wars, available in all groups.

So, for example if group A is set to fight with group B, the object Wars from group A will look like this:

Wars: { "Enemy": "B" }

While the object Wars from group B will look like this:

Wars: { "Enemy": "A" }

That's great so far, however... since I retain information about each war inside the group objects, I need to make a lot of API requests and even though this script runs only once per day, the limit is set to 15.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this problem?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

To increase the limits of API issue number per execution, you may need to upgrade the subscription plan to Enterprise level.

It seems the Scheduled Tasks will be difficult to handle multiple cloud script functions, you may consider a work around solution, for example, every day, let the clan leader/manager initiate a clan war and of course they can decide to rest for the day. I believe passively automatically matchmaking for all groups is unnecessary, as I am not sure if you have any mechanism to handle inactive clans but it will be better if the leader of the clan can manually choose their target enemy(from a provided list).

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Teodor Plop avatar image Teodor Plop commented ·

Increasing the number per execution might get tricky, as in our case, this number should be equal to the number of clans.

Thanks for the suggestion with the clan leaders, I will definitely think about it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.