question

Nikita Matusevich avatar image
Nikita Matusevich asked

No confirmation email is received.

Hello. I set up sending an email to confirm the mail, but the email does not come to the user. I rechecked everything 10 times, enabled access to untrusted applications in gmail, but the email is not sent. Also I tried to send an email via server.SendEmailFromTemplate in CloudScript.

apissdksCloudScriptunrealAuthentication
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Can you provide your Title ID?

In addition, If SendEmailFromTemplate API is called, there should be a generated PlayStream event, which can indicate if the email is sent successfully.

0 Likes 0 ·
Nikita Matusevich avatar image Nikita Matusevich Seth Du ♦ commented ·

My TitleId: BDA22
No event is generated at all. The function also does not cause an error. That is, the function is successfully triggered, but the letter is not sent.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered
@Nikita Matusevich

I have checked your title and find several "email_sent" PlayStream events on Nov. 4th. The Error message is "The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required. "

May I ask have you tried to send emails later since then? I believe it is SMTP setup issue and in fact, you may get more help from the SMTP provider related developer community. There are several possible reasons, SMTP port number can be incorrect; SMTP provider(like Gmail) requires app-specific password; The password for SMTP is simply too weak to pass the measuring process.

In addition, you may keep the PlayStream web page open to monitor the events generating. Otherwise, p'le'ase navigate to "Game Manager" -> "Data" -> "Event History" to retrieve former events.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Aimbot Studio avatar image
Aimbot Studio answered

I am facing the same issue. My Title Id is "BFED1"

3 comments
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

What's your SMTP provider? I have checked your PlayStream event, you may need to set up "less secure app" in your mail setting. For example, if it is Gmail -- https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps

0 Likes 0 ·
Aimbot Studio avatar image Aimbot Studio commented ·

I have turned on "less secure App" in my mail, i am using gmail server

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Aimbot Studio commented ·

Have you checked the PlayStream Event? What is the detailed error message?

0 Likes 0 ·
Aybjax avatar image
Aybjax answered

Good day! Thanks in advance for you help!

I am facing the same issue. Monitoring the playstream I learned that it is failing. However, I dont event get the error callback on my server (I guess that if sending fails, it must send request to error callback url).

/********************************** Here is head of event **************************/

{
    "EventName": "sent_email",
    "EmailTemplateId": "8B1AF472557A907E",
    "EmailTemplateName": "test.portal.reset.password",
    "EmailTemplateType": "AccountRecovery",
    "Success": false,
    "ErrorName": "EmailClientTimeout",
    "ErrorMessage": "SMTP client timed out sending mail to smtp.gmail.com:465",
    "EmailName": "Primary",
    "Token": "3C635E5EE24F460D",
    "Subject": "Смена пароли аккаунта",

/************************************************************************************/

The email configuration work on remote test server.

What should I do?

P.S. Title id is DD96A.

2 comments
10 |1200

Aybjax avatar image Aybjax commented ·

changin to port 587 helps

1 Like 1 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Aybjax commented ·

Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions. Creating a new thread will be preferred. Thanks for your understanding.

0 Likes 0 ·
pixel avatar image
pixel answered

same issue

Unity 2019.4.28f1 / 2019.2.21f1

Same issue

Unity 2019.4.28f1 / 2019.2.21f1

ovcco.png (134.7 KiB)
10 |1200

Akarsh jain avatar image
Akarsh jain answered

HI I found the ans i wasn't receiving any mail cause i need to setup up 2 factor authentication and app password + less secure to my account all these three things helped me get the mail and really thanks to the community to help

10 |1200

Dan Kardell avatar image
Dan Kardell answered

so now here in 2023, goggle does not allow "Less Secure". So how do we use our GMail to send out verification emails

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.