question

DANIEL MARQUES PEREIRA avatar image
DANIEL MARQUES PEREIRA asked

How to delete all player data from client side? [GDPR]

Hi,

I'm really confused. There is this tutorial on how to delete and export all player data: https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/title-management/playfab-gdpr-deleting-and-exporting-player-data

But all the code is from adminAPI, so I can't call from my client side. How should I delete a player data? In the tutorial says about webhook but, how can I really use it? I have to have another server that checks players that want to be deleted? Isn't that prohibitive, access to AdminAPI from a server?

I'm really, really confused how can I implement that option with Playfab.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

The normal procedure for delete single player data(master account) is that the player should initiate a deletion request to a support portal(for example, a email address for handling account issues) that you provide in the game client. Then, developers/managers can manually delete the player data via Admin API. It is also feasible if you implement Admin APIs on an external server, that player can delete their accounts by themselves.

If you need to delete all player data in a studio, you need to follow the instruction of the tutorial you have posted above. Because it is one time job and you can create a command line project to run it. It is not necessary to have an external server.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.