question

Matthew Miskiewicz avatar image
Matthew Miskiewicz asked

Getting PlayFabId from Entity Id

After calling ListGroupMembers on an Entity group, I can get the Entity Ids for the group members (players). I cannot figure out how to then get the players' PlayFab Ids (needed to interact with non-Entity parts of the system). A workaround will be to put each player's PlayFabId into one of their profile objects. I'd rather avoid that if possible though, and I feel like there must be an API I'm missing to go from title_player_account to PlayFabId! Any help appreciated. :-)

Edit: of course, found a possible solution right after posting. The docs say:

master_player_account

The master_player_account is a player entity that is shared among all titles within a studio. The ID field should be set to PlayFabId from the classic API, returned by any LoginResult.PlayFabId

So, looks like the thing to do, is to use the title_player_account to get the player profile, then look at the EntityLineage to get the master_player_account = PlayFabId?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Yes, you are correct, master_player_account == PlayFabId. The defined name is different due to different data model. Apology for any inconvenience.

In addition, GetProfiles API can be used to retrieve information like master player aaccount ID in batches.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.