question

rainerlonau avatar image
rainerlonau asked

MOBA Union Sample PlayFab+Photon, working?

Hi devs,

I'm just getting started. I'm interested in the PlayFab+Photon Unity solution. I've found the Unicorn (Turnbased) sample started to look into it. I've already a simple demo project working with connecting to Playfab and the option to join a room in Photon.

I then found the Union (MOBA) sample and wanted to switch over to it, because it has so much more features. Now I started to look into the project and it was last updated 11 months ago. There are also some .JSON files for InGameStore, TitleData and VirtualCurrencies which seem to be out of date. I mean the PlayFab GameManager settings look different.

So, I guess the Union sample isn't really working at the moment, is it?
Do you have another more current sample?

I also noticed that Photon merged Turnbased and Realtime. Are there any consequences for the PlayFab integration/usage? Do you have more info about it?

I'll now digg deeper into the Union sample to understand more about the structure. I hope there's not much broken and I can copy and use some parts of the code.

Thanks

Links:
https://github.com/PlayFab/UNION-OpenSource-MOBA (Union, Realtime Photon?)

https://github.com/PlayFab/Photon-Cloud-Integration (Unicorn Battle, Turnbased)

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Correct, the Union sample is fairly old at this point, and so is considered out-of-date, though most of the code and all of the principles it demonstrates are still quite valid (which is why we haven't removed that GitHub repo). The Photon-Cloud-Integration sample is much more recent, and has been updated for many of the recent Photon changes (apart from the move to merge Turnbased into Realtime), so it may be a better place to start, depending on what you're working on. We are planning on providing an updated sample in a future update, but we don't have a specific date for that just yet. That said, please feel free to post any questions you have on integration to the forums, and we'll make sure you get all the info you need.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.