question

Laarni avatar image
Laarni asked

Hi. Is it possible to use Facebook username for Playfab username?

Hi. I was able to set up the login via Facebookt and integrate the Playfab login in it all in one button. My question is how can i use the FB username for the Playfab username. It will be much easier to manage my players if when i look for any info on the dashboard or the players list i can have the username as well.

By the way, i m on xcode and Obj C

Player DataAccount Management
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ashleykornee avatar image ashleykornee commented ·

lol I'm sure it's possible. I use one username for all websites I visit. There is nothing unsafe, of course, if you use different password for each of website or app. I used a fake name only once when I asked a question like "can someone write my essay" in case if my teacher could see it :D

OMG I use one username for all of websites I visit. I think there is nothing unsafe, of course, if you use different password for each of websites and apps. I used a fake name only once when I posted a question like can someone write my essay? just in case if my teacher could see it :D

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan avatar image brendan ashleykornee commented ·

The issue they're asking about concerns the fact that the Username in a PlayFab account must be unique across all users in their Publisher ID space. Facebook names do not need to be unique. Please see below for specifics on that, and our recommendation.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

While you can add a Username as part of adding Username, email, and password via AddUsernamePassword, it might be easier for you to just update the user's Title Display Name via UpdateUserTitleDisplayName. But that said, please bear in mind that a Title Display Name must be unique across all users in the title (Usernames must be unique within your Publisher ID space - which is to say, across all users in all your titles). Since many Facebook usernames are the same as those of other people ("John Smith", for instance), you would need to check for the "name already taken" error and re-submit with a randomized number or GUID tagged onto the name, to be safe.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.