question

Christoph Potas avatar image
Christoph Potas asked

how to work with shared groups

Hi,

currently we're implementing multiplayer in our game and use shared group data for this purpose.

As far as i understand there is no way of listing all existing shared groups - so how to clean up at development stage ?

while development there are a lot of failed functions that result in creating empty groups or using wrong id generation.

my concern are collisions between old ids and new ones.

-> only solution i can imagine is to create a new title, migrate players, data and so one to the new title and delete the old one.

Shared Group Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Shared group cannot be viewed in the form of list. I don’t think currently there is a way to do so but please feel free to send a thread on our Feature Requests forum. You may also consider using the latest feature- entity group, which can be managed in the Game Manager.

Creating a new title for live environment should be a feasible solution and in fact it is important to have separate environment for development. The migration job can be done via PlayFab Power tool(CLI). However, players cannot be migrated between titles (for example, via CLI tool) because when a player is created, a master player account is created, which is unique within the studio. Master player account information will be shared between titles within a same studio. When you use the identity to login an existing account into another title in the studio, it will return success even you set CreateAccount as false, meanwhile the player data (publish) will be shared between titles. It also indicates that there can be multiple title player accounts under the same master player account.

If you are paid tier user, you may create a support ticket so that we may help you migrate players manually if necessary. In most of the cases, I don’t think it is necessary to sync the player title accounts between titles and Player Data (publish) should be able to handle most of the cases.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

cartellonegerardo avatar image cartellonegerardo commented ·

according to this https://community.playfab.com/questions/25021/entity-api-permissions-how-to-forbid-creategroup-o.html: you can't stop shared group data from being created by the random players, and your saying one can't clean shared group data either. So i'm kinda stuck here.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.