question

Thomas Brown avatar image
Thomas Brown asked

LoginWithGoogleAccount succeeds creates an account despite create account = false

I'm trying to sign in a user using Google sign in if there account exists, otherwise return an error if the account doesn't exist.

I thought this would be fairly simple by utilizing LoginWithGoogleAccount with a CreateAccount = false. It looks like despite the flag being set to false an account is always created and a success result is always returned. I don't think this is standard behaviour. I'm curious why this may be happening?

Account ManagementAuthentication
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

Hi @thsbrown1

Yes, it doesn’t look like a standard behavior, can you reproduce it again and attach some screenshots along with it? And, what your title id and the affected players’ PlayFabId? We might need to investigate it.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Thomas Brown avatar image
Thomas Brown answered

I believe the behavior was occurring due to the fact that the account was previously created then deleted.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

OK, looks like the deleting process is not completed yet.

0 Likes 0 ·
Thomas Brown avatar image Thomas Brown Citrus Yan commented ·

Ah i've ran in to that problem quite a lot. It seems like PlayFab does a poor job actually deleting things server side when a value / some piece of data has been deleted.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Thomas Brown commented ·

For testing, you can just unlink the google account using UnlinkGoogleAccount, then call LoginWithGoogleAccount with "CreateAccount = false" using the same account, PlayFab should return an error saying "user not found".

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.