question

lewishancock avatar image
lewishancock asked

Test Certificate handling in PlayFabMockVmAgent

Hey,

I'm trying to test out our certificate handling inside PlayFabMockVmAgent. What do I need to put in the MultiplayerSettings.json to add a certificate to the container? I can't find anything on it in the docs.

Cheers,
Lewis

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Have you tried to enter the local docker container and manually install the certificate? Currently, there is no documentation about it. If possible, you may also directly upload and test it via PlayFab API UploadCertificate. In most of the cases, PlayFabMockVmAgent and docker are for locally debugging the server build.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lewishancock avatar image lewishancock commented ·

I did not, the code was already proven to load certificates. What we wanted to test was how we retrieved the thumbprint from PlayFabs GSDK, i.e. I wanted to ensure I could read the value from the config via Microsoft::Azure::Gaming::GSDK::getConfigSettings().find("MyCertAlias"), which would involve editing the MultiplayerSettings.json

In the end, I found a rough example in C# sample code and tested it on a remote server build.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ lewishancock commented ·

I will mark and archive this thread temporarily since it has been idled for a while. If possible, it will be appreciated that you can share some key codes(please hide sensitive information), or basic ideas for this C# sample with the community for reference.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.