question

Cristian Bontas avatar image
Cristian Bontas asked

Match object duration (lifetime)

Hello

What is the duration (lifetime) of the match object created by the matchmaking service?

I.e., based on the description here, for how long will GetMatch return the information after the match was created?

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>>> What is the duration (lifetime) of the match object created by the matchmaking service?

If clients have committed the qualified tickets, the matchmaking service has got them too, it will create the Match at once. The progress of creating the Match won’t take some time. But if you mean the duration from clients commit tickets to clients get the match, it will depend on the frequency of the poll. You can poll up to 10 times per minute. For instance, poll for the ticket status every 6 seconds. Clients may get the match after 6 seconds.

>>> I.e., based on the description here, for how long will GetMatch return the information after the match was created?

If clients get the MatchId successfully, they will provide the Id as a field to call GetMatch. GetMatch will return the info immediately.

5 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Cristian Bontas avatar image Cristian Bontas commented ·

Hello

What I mean is for how long will the matchmaker system keep the match information.

E.g., if I call GetMatch again (with the same arguments) 5 minutes after it was created, is it still around?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Cristian Bontas commented ·

Match ID doesn't expire after 5 minutes, currently, it expires after an hour.

3 Likes 3 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Sarah Zhang commented ·

We will try to inform our team about it.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.