question

Gabriel Dechichi avatar image
Gabriel Dechichi asked

GetFriendsList not returning Steam Friend (Unreal, Blueprint API)

GetFriendsList blueprint function is returning 0 friends for a user with 6 steam friends and `IncludeSteamFriends=true`.

If I use the Steam API directly, it correctly returns the 6 friends, so I can confirm it is not a problem with the Steam API.

I'm assuming the steam friends do not require a playfab account to be returned in the list?

Play PlayfabId: AAD3FC6ED24E69AC

Friends
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gabriel Dechichi avatar image Gabriel Dechichi commented ·

PS: I am also logged with Playfab and have the Steam account linked. The status code is 200 but the Friends array is empty

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi @Gabriel Dechichi,

>>I'm assuming the steam friends do not require a playfab account to be returned in the list?

Those steam friends who also have a PlayFab account for your title will be returned in the results, if they don’t, they won’t be returned. Please refer to this doc.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gabriel Dechichi avatar image Gabriel Dechichi commented ·

Thanks. I did check this link earlier but wasn't sure if "constrained to users who have PlayFab accounts" refered only to PlayFab friends or included facebook and steam friends.

"Retrieves the current friend list for the local user, constrained to users who have PlayFab accounts. Friends from linked accounts (Facebook, Steam) are also included."

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.