question

yoshino shinya avatar image
yoshino shinya asked

azure and playfab

Hello. I use unity and playfab. playfab is very easy to use. I especially like the easy user authentication.

I want to use playfab for various services. However, with playfab there are things that are difficult at present.

For example, it may be difficult to search by the name of group data, or for a player to upload a photo and put it in storage. I was also interested in Azure and Azure Function services.

Is it possible to connect to services such as Azure database and storage while using user authentication, inventory and user data of playfab?

For example, can a user who is authenticated by playfab upload data to Azure BLOB Storage as it is? If you upload an image from cloudscript, it may be difficult due to size restrictions..

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>>> Is it possible to connect to services such as Azure database and storage while using user authentication, inventory and user data of playfab?

Currently, PlayFab doesn’t support such features. Now the back-end database is not public for customers, PlayFab only provides API to customers for the interaction.

>>> For example, can a user who is authenticated by playfab upload data to Azure BLOB Storage as it is?

They can’t do it now. PlayFab is working on the migration to Azure platform, and currently only support the event explorer and exporting powered by Azure, many features are up-coming, please keep an eye on the blog, and you can try to add a feature request about letting players upload large size files to Azure.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

yoshino shinya avatar image yoshino shinya commented ·

Thank you. I am looking forward!

0 Likes 0 ·
Corbin Ordel avatar image Corbin Ordel commented ·

any updates on this?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.