question

Niall Muldoon avatar image
Niall Muldoon asked

Leaderboard Upgrades

Hi,

I just read your new roadmap update with great interest as I am eagerly awaiting the "leaderboard upgrades" that have been in progress the last few quarters.

Is the "updated Leaderboards service" the same thing or is that something else? Do you have any more information on what the new service will offer?

Thank you,

Niall

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Currently, there isn’t much detailed information on Learderboards v2, but you may keep track of the updates on this documentation: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/gaming/playfab/features/social/leaderboardsv2/

You may also check our blog websites for latest changes news:https://blog.playfab.com/blog.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Niall Muldoon avatar image Niall Muldoon commented ·

Hi,

Thanks for the link, I have just taken a quick look at the in-progress documentation.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but the new design does not seem to support per country leaderboards? (I'm assuming you would use the "fixed" type, but then you are limited to 10 child leaderboards... Per country leaderboards are one of the most heavily requested features on the forum for leaderboards.

"Note that you won't be able to add more once the parent Statistic is created" <- This seems like it could cause some issues as well...

Niall

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Niall Muldoon commented ·

Leaderboard v2 is under development which means there can be changes. I cannot guarantee what is can-do, but since it is based on entity model, there might be a feasible work-around solution for your requirement. The product team will be providing more documentation on this feature as part of preparing for a public preview. Those docs will include details that should help you determine if your specific scenarios are supported.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.