question

Gabriel Dechichi avatar image
Gabriel Dechichi asked

Steam Login with test Web API key in Unreal

This question might already be covered in this post, but I wanted to double check.

I'm currently integrating Steam login through Playfab in our game, and noticed the need of a publishers Web API key, which requires publisher access on Steamworks. That said, I have a couple of questions:

1 - Can a User WebAPI key be generated, with a playfab's domain, and used for that?
2 - If not, is there any alternatives? For example, could I login on steam using the regular Online Subsystems provided by Epic, login into Playfab separately, and then link the 2 accounts as a temporary fix?

Thanks,

Gabriel

unrealAuthentication
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi @Gabriel Dechichi,

>> 1 - Can a User WebAPI key be generated, with a playfab's domain, and used for that?

Sorry, no. You need to use the Web API key generated by Steam, so that PlayFab can use that to validate with Steam.

>> 2 - If not, is there any alternatives?

In order to integrate Steam Login through PlayFab, You need to install Steam on the Add-ons page using both the Steam App ID and the Steam Web API key. This tutorial might help you with that.

>>For example, could I log in on steam using the regular Online Subsystems provided by Epic, login into Playfab separately, and then link the 2 accounts as a temporary fix?

So, do you mean that you store the Steam Ticket received from the Epic login, log into PlayFab, then use LinkSteamAccount with the previous Steam Ticket to link steam account with PlayFab? Theoretically, this should work, however, in order for this to work properly, Steam must be installed on the Add-ons page, which means that Web API key is still needed.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.