question

Aviram Fireberger avatar image
Aviram Fireberger asked

What is the catalog number of items limit in "Essentials" account?

I have an Essentials account,

and for some reason I remember that playfab had a limit in "Essentials" on the numbers of item in the catalog. I can't find that number now?

What is the best approach for upgrade mechanism.

Say that they user can buy a car (so each car is an item in the store) and each car have 4 different things to upgrade (engine, wheels , tank...) and each part have 10 levels of upgrade...

Does it mean I need to make each upgrade level an item in the catalog?

For example

CarTypeA

CarTypeA_Upgrade_Engine_L1

CarTypeA_Upgrade_Engine_L2

CarTypeA_Upgrade_Engine_L10

CarTypeA_Upgrade_Wheels_L1

CarTypeA_Upgrade_Wheels_L2

CarTypeB

CarTypeB_Upgrade_Engine_L1

CarTypeB_Upgrade_Engine_L2

CarTypeB_Upgrade_Engine_L10

CarTypeB_Upgrade_Wheels_L1

CarTypeA_Upgrade_Wheels_L2

In this approach I'll have somewhere around:

1 (for the car) + 4 (for each upgrade type) X 10 (upgrades level in each type) === 41 items.

assuming I'll have about 10 car to buy.. I'll end up about 410 items.

Is this the best practice? can I use 410 in the "Essentials" account?
For some reason I remember that there was a limit about that but can't find it now :\

limitspricing
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

You may find the limits at [Game Manger] -> [click setting button on left top corner of web page ] - >[Title Settings] -> [Limits]. Limitation to number of Catalog items is 250.

In the normal circumstance, those car components should be defined as separate items in the catalog, however, if they don’t contain much additional information, you may also try to store them as custom data in item instances. To update them, simply use server API UpdateUserInventoryItemCustomData via cloud script. In terms of some basic properties like Price, you may store them all in a JSON object in Cloud Script or Title Data, as long as they won’t change frequently. Then let clients call ExecuteCloudScript API to process the actions, like purchase.

3 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Aviram Fireberger avatar image Aviram Fireberger commented ·

amm ok sound like a decent workaround... I'll give it a shot.
We did you note the "as long as they won’t change frequently", why does it matter?

If I'm following correctly the approuch is to upload some kind of JSON data structure including the upgrade name and price.

The user will download this json, I'll get the price from there of the matched upgrade and update the user custom data and coind accordinly , is that right?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Aviram Fireberger commented ·

>>"as long as they won’t change frequently"

We usually won't store frequently changing data in Title Data because Title Data is a sharded and cached resource, which means it will take some time to get all the endpoints up-to-date and the synchronization process of all shards are different, which may cause every retrieval results are different in a short time, right after the update on the server side. All endpoints will be synced after few minutes.

>>The user will download this json, I'll get the price from there of the matched upgrade and update the user custom data and coind accordinly

Players are allowed to retrieve data to build a local database, but this is only for read purpose. Any modification to items, purchasing actions should be done on the server side, for example, via Cloud Scrip, to aviod abusive use.

0 Likes 0 ·
Aviram Fireberger avatar image Aviram Fireberger Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Oh OK.. I'll read more about the cloud scripts to make sure I fully understand how to implelent this scenario

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.