question

bodin avatar image
bodin asked

"HTTP/1.1 409 Conflict" only on iOS

Hi,

in my code, I used "UpdateUserData" and "UpdateUserTitleDisplayName" sequentially.
the code will look like this

PlayFabClientAPI.UpdateUserData(xxxxx);
PlayFabClientAPI.UpdateUserTitleDisplayName(xxxxx);

This code was working fine for many months, on every platform (Android, iOS, Editor)
but in latest version of my game, I got error on iOS platfrom which saying "HTTP/1.1 409 Conflict" after calling UpdateUserData()

while it still no problem on other platfrom.

after I made change to call "UpdateUserTitleDisplayName" after UpdateUserData() finished instead, the error gone. (changed to below)

PlayFabClientAPI.UpdateUserData(xxxxx,
result => PlayFabClientAPI.UpdateUserTitleDisplayName(xxxxx)
)

my question is, Why the error only happen on iOS?

Thanks in advance & Best regards
Bodin

apisunity3d
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi,

So, you are only firing UpdateUserData and UpdateUserTitleDisplayName and there are no other calls to PlayFab in the same period, is that right? Generally speaking, If you are only firing this two calls to PlayFab infrequently, the 409 Conflict should not occur. Depending on the specifics of your use case, the 409 Conflict is probably not caused by multiple simultaneous calls that act upon the same data, so it could be other things. How often do you write to the User Data and Title Display Name? How large is the data for the user data? How many keys are you writing to the user data?

And, as I see it, this issue shouldn’t be platform specific. In order to find out why the error only happen on IOS, you may need to use a network capture tool such as fiddler to trace the traffics and analyze the details.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bodin avatar image bodin commented ·

yes, you understand it correctly.

There's no other call Playfab API in the same time. (in my code, I already put debug log before calling every Playfab api to confirm this.)

I used the same code on both Android & iOS, but only got this error on iOS.

I update only 3 Keys, every keys are just a small string (below 25 charactors)

also, the error is gone after I moved UpdateUserTitleDisplayName() to run after UpdateUserData() finished call back.

thank you for your suggection, I will try that to see what is the cause of problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan bodin commented ·

So, the requests look good to me, the number of keys and data size are legit. Have you traced the traffics of failed requests on IOS yet? What did you get?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.