question

renandreschmartins avatar image
renandreschmartins asked

Playfab ID deleted from my game still being pulled by leaderboard.

Why even after runing DeleteUser, this playfab ID is still being pulled by the leaderboard request? Is there any way to remove this user once and for all from my game?

Leaderboards and Statistics
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Currently, when you use the DeleteUser API call, the service removes everything about the user from the account - all data, linked accounts, etc., including setting all stats the player has reported to zero, leaving only the shell of the user account (and, of course, anytime you revision (reset) a statistic, that removes all players on the leaderboard). To remove the user's statistics from the game before deletion, you can use ResetUserStatistics.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jonas.barnaby@gmail.com avatar image
jonas.barnaby@gmail.com answered

Sorry for hijacking the post, but I have a somewhat related question: does this behavior applies to characters too? We're having the same problem, the GetCharacterLeaderboard API call returns deleted characters.

10 |1200

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

I've updated the info above to reflect the right way to remove stats for users. For Characters, the same is true using the ResetCharacterStatistics API call.

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.