question

Jason Andersen avatar image
Jason Andersen asked

Is there a way to restart a match?

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way to restart a match with the same players that are currently in the matchmaking ticket?

I've tried after the match finishes disconnect from the current session and create another matchmaking ticket with the Ids of the other players in the field "MembersToMatchWith", but I have an error: "Invalid number of users in ticket. The number of users must be less than the max match size of the queue."

Thanks.

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi @Jason Andersen,

So, the problem with your approach is that a single ticket contains the maximum amount of players(maximum match size) specified in the queue. A queue is a collection of tickets to be matched together and a set of rules that controls how tickets are matched. The ticket you created won’t be able to match with another tickets in the queue since it already reached the maximum match size. Technically speaking, the match actually has already been made by you, hence a proper logic to restart a match would be to allocate a server directly for those players. Does that make sense?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jason Andersen avatar image
Jason Andersen answered

Hello @Citrus Yan,

Thanks for your answer, that makes totally sense :)

1 comment
10 |1200

Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan commented ·

Glad it helped:)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.