question

SubstanceSHIFT avatar image
SubstanceSHIFT asked

Unity Mirror networking with PlayFab matchmaking

hello, I'm using Mirror networking on my unity project

- what i want to achieve is a button that randomly joins players togather in room, but I'm new to PlayFab

So, may i know how to make this , a button --> start the match , and Re spawn the player prefab GameObject assigned inside my Network Manager , then proceed to the specified scene string name ?

unity3dMatchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

If you are new to PlayFab now, you can check this documentation Matchmaking quickstart firstly. You can follow this tutorial to complete a basic process of PlayFab MatchMaking. Then try the advanced features.

Generally, the way how you implement the server program doesn’t affect the MatchMaking. So Unity game server(using native Networking component or using Mirror) or C# console server share the mostly same matchmaking process. Different ways that used to implement game servers only affect the way how you integrate the server with PlayFab GSDK. If you don’t want to host your server on PlayFab you can ignore it. If you want to know more details about PlayFab Multiplayer Server, you can check this doc Multiplayer Servers for more.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.