question

andrea-franco avatar image
andrea-franco asked

Data fetchable by all users ?

Hi,

i've read that GroupSharedData are used only for small amount of player so what can i use in my case ? Currently, i have create a GSD: "games" where all games of the title are registered. If someone hit "play" then he takes a random key/value which are game data and play. But as i said, everyone has to reach this GSD in order to play. How can I do ?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

What’s the specific application scenario? Shared Group Data is a way for players to share some information from other players. It is not sharded or cached like Title Data. One issue is that too many players attempting to read the same data at the same time will result in delays reading the data. You can check the doc for more.

You said, “you have created a GSD: "games" where all games of the title are registered. “. Do you mean a global data store? If it is, Shared Group Data does not suit it. A custom game server and external custom data store will be better. Players can connect one session to start a match, and game servers can write out the stats and data to PlayFab when a match’s done.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

andrea-franco avatar image andrea-franco commented ·

i have read about title data but those are refreshed up to 50min which is way too long, i want to update when i need ! it's an async game...

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang andrea-franco commented ·

Title data is not suitable for this case, a custom game server and external custom data store (like external data cache Redis) will be better. If there are not too many players, GSD can do the job.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.