question

brendan avatar image
brendan asked

Game Center

Underbitegames
started a topic on Thu, 30 April 2015 at 10:56 AM

I looked through the API and didn't find any call for logging a player in using their Game Center account. Is it not possible to log a player using in through Game Center?

I looked through the forums and saw a post where it mentioned Game Center being reworked and some of the API calls being removed from the documentation.

If this is the case is there any information out there about when it will be ready?

Thanks for any information anyone can give me on this.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

Best Answer
Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 30 April 2015 at 6:51 PM

While we do have a Game Center login (and link/unlink) call, we have removed them from the visible set temporarily, as they don't provide a sufficiently secure method of validating the account. We do have an updated Game Center login on our backlog, but have not assigned a target date to this as yet. If this login path is critical to your title, please be sure to email us at devrel@playfab.com with specifics on your target launch date.

Brendan

1 Comment
Brendan Vanous said on Thu, 30 April 2015 at 6:51 PM

While we do have a Game Center login (and link/unlink) call, we have removed them from the visible set temporarily, as they don't provide a sufficiently secure method of validating the account. We do have an updated Game Center login on our backlog, but have not assigned a target date to this as yet. If this login path is critical to your title, please be sure to email us at devrel@playfab.com with specifics on your target launch date.

Brendan

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

garrygaber avatar image
garrygaber answered

Just wondering - I see LinkGameCenterAccountRequest and Result in the docs -

Is it now secure enough to use to link accounts?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/client/account-management/linkgamecenteraccount?view=playfab-rest

Kindest Regards,
Garry

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.