question

Michal Töpfer avatar image
Michal Töpfer asked

StatisticCountLimitExceeded with only 80 stats

Hi,
I'm getting a StatisticCountLimitExceeded error when I am trying to update my player's statistics on the server. The request is called from server (CloudScript.js:113:12) and updates about 25 stats. I see that the error message says that I have too many stats in my title. I have one stat for each level (plus a few more) but it should be about 80 in total. According to the limits, the maximum number of stats should be 256, so I don't understand why this error happens. I also tried adding a stat directly from Game Manager and it works fine.

I don't want to write my TitleID here, but if you need it, I can send it to you. Thanks for your support. 

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
brendan avatar image
brendan answered

You have our sincere apologies that the limit changed without warning - that was not our intent. We are indeed planning to update to new limits, but these will not roll out without both an explanation and a way to request an upgrade to them. We're also granting exceptions to existing titles so that no one is impacted immediately.

It looks like this limit, on the total number of statistics, dropped prematurely. We're making sure it's pulled back until we can roll out all the changes with a complete set of info on everything.

As you can likely tell from looking at the new limits page, we've been working on an all-new limits system which will give us much more flexibility than we had previously. If you could send us the specifics of what you expect to be using at launch, that would be especially good for us to know as we work to finalize the new system.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Michal Töpfer avatar image Michal Töpfer commented ·

Thanks for your answer.

The current limits seem quite fine to me. I'm planning to have about 100 levels in my game, so I would need about 110 stats for it.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.