question

Talha avatar image
Talha asked

Getting X players

Hi, I wanted to understand how segments work. I've read the documentation but couldnt find it. I've seen how to run actions on all players in a segment but what if I dont want to run any action and just want to see all the players in that segment?

Scenario:

i just want all all players that have xStat stat value==1, how can i get all players with statistic (xStat) value==1?

Leaderboards and Statisticsdocumentation
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Here is an example:

The statistic should be predefined as it is a drop-down selection.

9 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Talha avatar image Talha commented ·

I meant how do you see the players indvidually in that segment?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Talha commented ·

There is a server API: GetPlayersInSegment.

0 Likes 0 ·
Talha avatar image Talha Seth Du ♦ commented ·

How do one use this API? integrate it into a website or something?Sorry I really dont understand.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Then I believe Postman can fulfill your requirement, though the response is raw. The player list for segments will be large, and there should be multiple calls to retrieve the complete data. We usually write a local tool with convenient GUI for management, for example, before the official PlayFab CLI tool is released, I created a C# winform migration tool on my own, and added some personal-use functions there for testing.

Please also note that you are able to delete/add secret key any time in the Game Manager.

2 comments
10 |1200

Talha avatar image Talha commented ·

Thank God its easy. wait! Can you help me getting through this? is there a step by step guideline to run segments using playfab cli tools?

We usually write a local tool with convenient GUI for management, for example, before the official PlayFab CLI tool is released, I created a C# winform migration tool on my own, and added some personal-use functions there for testing.

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ Talha commented ·

Currently, PlayFab doesn't provide corresponding tutorials. Please find dedicated support from .Net/Winform developer community. You may also refer to this documentation for implementing C# SDK.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.