question

Massimo Frasson avatar image
Massimo Frasson asked

[Nintendo Switch] PlayFabError(ServiceUnavailable, Cannot connect to destination host, 400 BadRequest)

Hi everybody,

I'm developing for Nintendo Switch on Unity.

The login was working fine, but in the last couple of weeks sometimes happens the following error:

/Client/LoginWithCustomID PlayFabError(ServiceUnavailable, Cannot connect to destination host, 400 BadRequest)

Other times it breaks just after the login:

/Client/UpdateUserTitleDisplayName PlayFabError(ServiceUnavailable, Cannot connect to destination host, 400 BadRequest)

The display name update is an addition of the last couple of weeks, so the issue could be somehow related.

On windows our code runs correctly, giving us the expected behaviour, the issues appear only on switch.

We tried a couple of different networks and a couple of different DNS (1.1.1.1 / 8.8.8.8), without any success.

Does anybody have an idea of what could be wrong?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi, this error message usually indicates a network connection issue, may I ask which version of Unity are you using? And it would be helpful to use networking capture tool to investigate it and double-check if there is an application permission issue. And here is a similar thread reported on Unity forum that may help you:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/osx-mac-store-app-networking-fails-after-codesign-package.403780/

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Massimo Frasson avatar image Massimo Frasson commented ·

Hi @Citrus Yan, we made a simple project that performs the same api calls of our game. We launched it on the same devkit, but it that case it worked. We have to esclude hardware/network issues.

1 Like 1 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Massimo Frasson commented ·

Hi, were you able to identify the issue yet? And, you can contact NS support for help too.

0 Likes 0 ·
Massimo Frasson avatar image Massimo Frasson commented ·

Hi @Citrus Yan, thank you for answering.
I tried with both unity 2019.2.4f1 and 2019.2.6f1 without success.
With Unity 2019.2.4.f1I tried all the request types from Playfab settings. I've also tried to remove data compression.
I'm trying to figure out how to capture switch networking.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Massimo Frasson commented ·

Hi, have you captured switch networking yet?

0 Likes 0 ·
Massimo Frasson avatar image Massimo Frasson Citrus Yan commented ·

I've tried to setup fiddler as a proxy to see the nintendo switch traffic, but I did't get anything useful.
I can see the traffic, but I'm unable to decrypt the https communications.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.