question

ntanda avatar image
ntanda asked

Retrieve old version of a player file

Is there any way to get an old version of a Title Player File? I need it for some players that have experienced loss of data in a live game we have.

I can see the file address in the event history of the player (entity_files_set) but I don't know how to query that version of the file, or if it's kept at all.

Cheers

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi, I believe you are talking about the file under Title player account in the Game Manager, is that right?

This is a file that is attached to the title_player_account entity’s profile, therefore I looked up to the API reference about entity file management in here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/playfab/data/file?view=playfab-rest. There is no API that can get an old version of file, so the answer is no, you cannot get an old version of a Title Player File. A possible workaround would be keeping a backup file of old version if your title can store more than one file to title entities.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ntanda avatar image ntanda commented ·

Yes it is that file I was referring to. Thanks for letting me know!

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan ntanda commented ·

Glad it helped:)

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.