question

Paul Smith avatar image
Paul Smith asked

send data to all players every 5 seconds

How do I make a cloud script send some data to every client every 5 seconds?

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brendan avatar image
brendan answered

You actually wouldn't, as that would be a violation of our fair use policy. Can you please describe what it is you're trying to accomplish? As a base, if you need to have all connected players continually updated with the latest state of the game, you're going to need to use dedicated servers (which we can host, or you can host them elsewhere). Those servers would maintain the state of the simulation and communicate that to the clients at any rate you like, while occasionally updating the backend data for the latest information on the players as they change.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Paul Smith avatar image
Paul Smith answered

Ah, i have a multiplayer game where I need to send some data to every player every 5 seconds, I was lead to believe on another forum that Playfab could do this, but never mind I will go down the dedicated server route.

1 comment
10 |1200

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

Maybe you are talking about the private preview feature PubSub?

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.