question

Deepesh Mishra avatar image
Deepesh Mishra asked

Asset bundles download via playfab have missing content.

Hey, we have currently moved our services to Playfab for one of our game, we are using:

Unity 2019.1.7 and uploaded our content(asset bundles) on file management. But we are facing a difficulty where content downloaded is often missing references here and there and giving our game Null exceptions.

This problem is very new to us, never encountered before when using other services for our DLC's.

Why we are sure its Playfab?

we have used amazon S3, Gamesparks and google drive for that matter, things work fine.

not sure where is this going wrong.

we would love to keep our stuff under one umbrella, hence writing this!

Also for that matter, I have one more query, we are facing difficulty in CLI data transfer from one title to another ( it gets stuck on downloadable) both wave CDN enable and etc.., there has not been a great response from Playfab so far.

Expecting some good new here!

cheers,

Deepesh

Title DataContent
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

You can navigate to this thread for some info.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Deepesh Mishra answered

Hi @Sarah Zhang, thanks for the reply, but that thread is unrelated to my problem, I am able to decompress bundle.

The problem I am facing is some references in those bundles are missing, if I am downloading the bundle from s3 directly, that is working fine.

3 comments
10 |1200

Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Deepesh Mishra commented ·

We will try to investigate it and if we have any updates we will let you know.

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Sarah Zhang commented ·

Have you checked whether any of the downloads are failing and what the errors might be?

0 Likes 0 ·
Deepesh Mishra answered

Hi @Sarah Zhang, Yes we checked, its not failing 100%, previously we had dependent bundles also, the occurence was high, but we have brought down to test this with just a manifest and one bundle, it fails still though but possibly 10%. it does not show any errors while decompressing, while reading its null

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.