How to add a player to a title without logging in

The scenario we have follows

1. Studio with 2 titles.
2. Custom Email Template per title for Account Recovery

Player exists at a studio level and played Title A
Player now wants to join Title B.
Player has forgotten his password
Player selects forgot password for Title B
Player cannot get his password because custom email templates for account recovery require the player to have a title player account for Title B and he doesn't yet because he forgot his password.

We would like the ability to create the title player account if none exists when a user is doing a password reset.

Account Management
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Fuzail Sarang avatar image Fuzail Sarang commented ·

Seems like that wouldn't be enough as we would also need to set the contact email address, and that doesn't seem to be possible via the APIs

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi Fuzail,

You cannot add a player to title B without logging in. The “core” of the master player account lives at the Publisher ID level, that’s where all the credentials live, with it you can sign into one title and then sign into another. For your scenario, you can first have the player recover his account using title A’s custom email templates. You can call SendAccountRecoveryEmail to title A in title B’s client to have the player recover his account first, then sign into title B to create a title player account after his account is recovered.

7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Fuzail Sarang avatar image Fuzail Sarang commented ·

That really is not a solution.

1. I don't know what titles a user has registered for

2. My emails are title specific so he would receive an email for to reset his password for the wrong title which would be confusing to the user.

Also I can't create a generic email either again because I don't know what title the user did register for and I really do not want to send the user to a PlayFab branded page for resetting his password.

The simplest way to solve this is to allow sending of custom password reset emails via a title to the login email address if no contact email address exists or have a master account contact email address that all titles use to send emails.

Honestly this account system is very badly thought out at this point an is bordering on unusable as you cant even register the person on Title B either because it then says email address is in use

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Fuzail Sarang commented ·

@Fuzail SarangHi Fuzail,

I tested registering a player in title A(2C1CC), here is the master player account info in it:

I checked the player in title B (E0572), I can see that title player account for the player(1FC6B59DFA7D3EB1) hasn’t been added to it.

Then I call SendAccountRecoveryEmail API to title B using Email Template( “Account recovery” type) previously defined, the response returned properly and I can see that “email_sent” event has been generated in title B. After that I check the players in title B, I can see that title player account has been added to it:

In this way, you don’t need to know what titles the user has registered for and you can send title-specific email to the user. Does it meet your requirements?

0 Likes 0 ·
Fuzail Sarang avatar image Fuzail Sarang Citrus Yan commented ·

When calling it via the API, I continuously get the error "NoContactEmailAddress" Code "1325". Even if the user has a contact email addrtess on Title A. To resolve we have created a dummy title that everybody gets registered and that stores the email templates for each other title.

E.g. Title A - List of Account Recovery Email Templates for Title B, Title C, Title D etc.
Then when a user registers on Title C we register him instead on Title A and then log him in on Title C.

If the user then does a forgot password when TItle D which he hasn't registeredlogged into before we actually send the email from the dummy title which is Title A with the correct email template.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.