question

Wonderland avatar image
Wonderland asked

Bug with data updates

when I try to update data using the UpdateUserReadOnlyData method, in some cases the update does not happen.
This bug is in my other projects I did a blank project for a reproduction.
You can see the code here https://github.com/MykhailoKlimchuk/test_playfab

I ran about 2000 calls to the UpdateUserReadOnlyData method. 4 of them failed. the limits were not violated

also I have attached a log file here log.txt
look for an entry with an error tag ("Bank has not been updated")
project titleid is BF509

please provide information regarding this bug
is it your bug or maybe a bug in my code?

фф.png (69.7 KiB)
log.txt (334.4 KiB)
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Actually, in the past 3 days, your title had several API calls whose results are DataUpdateRateExceeded. The screenshot that you provide is from [Title settings]->[Limits]. We can check our title limits there, but the [Current usage] chart doesn’t accurately reflect the situation of the overring limits. The correct places where we can check the situation of the overring limits are the [Title Overview] panel and [Event History] panel. You can click this link to navigate to your title’s [Title Overview] panel, and click this link to navigate to the [Event History] panel.

When you check them manually, in the [Title Overview] panel you should set the [Time period] as 3d and set the [API CALLS]‘s [Filter] as that result is DataUpdateRateExceeded, in the [Event History] panel you should choose title_exceeded_limit as the [Event Name].

6 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Wonderland avatar image Wonderland commented ·

Event History shows exceeding limits on September 18 then and really was until i found the optimal delay time between queries, but the test was conducted on the 19th.
i dont understant.

about Title Overview I don't understand how this graph can answer my question that is, as far as I understand it does not give information about exceeding the limits

when requesting a data update, even when the data has not been updated, the answer is 200 OK

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang Wonderland commented ·

Did you call the ExecuteCloudScript API in your client? If the answer is 200, it means you call the ExecuteCloudScript API successfully. The cloud script doesn't certainly execute successfully.

When you call the ExecuteCloudScript API in your client, you can set the GeneratePlayStreamEvent to true. Then, you can investigate it in the EventHistory.

0 Likes 0 ·
Wonderland avatar image Wonderland Sarah Zhang commented ·

i was checking the answer from UpdateUserReadOnlyData api. and it was 200

0 Likes 0 ·
Wonderland avatar image Wonderland commented ·

@Sarah Zhang
Take the code from my github that I sent you. run and make sure the bug exists

0 Likes 0 ·
Wonderland avatar image Wonderland Wonderland commented ·
@Sarah Zhang
@FranklinChen
how are you?

did you check this bug?

0 Likes 0 ·
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang commented ·

We have checked and tested your python code and CloudScript yesterday. But we did some work later to confirm the cause of the issue. So the reply is late. This issue may be caused by your code.

Summary, sometimes the time you get the response of GetUserReadOnlyData may be earlier than the time the back end data update. You did the asynchronous calls, but the code hasn't implemented the functions to handle the sequence of asynchronous calls. So sometimes the old_bank_version and new_bank_version are the same.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.