question

mfdemir3 avatar image
mfdemir3 asked

Getting CloudScriptFunctionArgumentSizeExceeded with gzipped payload

Hi, I'm trying to send some gameplay data when game is over with ExecuteCloudScript to detect cheaters in my Unity game. This gameplay data can be up to 90kb but if I turn on Compress Api Data from Playfab Extensions, compressed data never exceeds 30kb. But I think your servers are checking argument size after unzipping gzipped argument data because even if I debug Playfab Unity Api and make sure that sent payload size is below 30kb, I still get CloudScriptFunctionArgumentSizeExceeded error. Is it possible to use gzip library on CloudScript manually? If I gzip the gamedata manually on client and unzip it manually on server, I can process the game data without hitting playfab argument size limits. Processing the game data for my game is really lightweight so I really don't want to use a custom server at this point. So my question is, is it possible to use gzip library on CloudScript manually? If its not, do you have any suggestions to solve this situation?

CloudScriptdata
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Currently Cloud Script doesn’t support 3-rd party module since it is based on V8 engine. I have done some tests and the actually limit for payload should be a little less than the Limits page indicates. You may use string generater to testify it.

You may either reduce the data or break data into 2 parts and call 2 functions if the process is not frequent.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.