question

kennyroy avatar image
kennyroy asked

Odd structure of Account, Profile, GetProfile, GetProfiles

7 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kennyroy avatar image kennyroy commented ·

*Edit* Somehow this posted with no text! Apologies! Original text:

So I'm really confused as to how the flow should go for the following actions, considering the way that different API calls are in different namespaces in the SDK, and require different entity types and authentication.

Basically, my game does the following:

1. Login with email.
  2. GetAccount (takes PlayfabId) to get title_player_account.
  3. Construct GroupsModel.EntityKey from the title_player_account to list Entity Group memberships with GetGroupMemberships.
  4. ALSO get SharedGroupData members (shared group ID same as EntityGroup) by doing a GetSharedGroupData with [members = true] to list members because this gives me my fellow players PlayfabId, (Entity Group uses TitleId for members - ???).
  5. Construct a ProfilesModels.EntityKey from the SharedGroupData members and do a GetProfiles() on the resulting member list, 25 at a time.
  6. Pound keyboard in exhaustion; GetProfiles returns 0 profiles.

Guys, what the heck is with the 5 different EntityKeys, groups using title, shared data using playfabId, and none of it working together!?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ kennyroy commented ·

Shared Group feature and Group feature are two different stand-alone systems and the current Entity Group feature is comparatively new, which is under the Entity system.

Entity Group will work closely with the Entity Key, for example, when you call API to list members, they will all be listed in the form of entity keys. Meanwhile Shared Group makes no references to Entity key.

Both Entity key and PlayFab ID are returned in the callback result of login API, it won't be nessary if you only need a key. If you are about to use both systems, the profile model you store in the clients may contain all the required information.

0 Likes 0 ·
kennyroy avatar image kennyroy Seth Du ♦ commented ·

@SethDu

GetProfiles() takes which Entity - master_player_account or title_player_account?

Do I need to pass the EntityToken into GetProfiles() to get all members of a EntityGroup? I am only seeing myself.

Is there something I need to do to my policy to allow to see DisplayName? I don't even get my OWN DisplayName back from GetProfiles() on my EntityGroup.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

@Brian Jensen this is up your alley, right? Had any luck lately?

0 Likes 0 ·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Thanks for your feedback. I have confirmed with the team, DisplayName not showing can be a bug and I will file it.

However, it seems Policy is not related, because even without configuring policy, I am able to retrieve avatar url.

2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thanks @SethDu, I would really love the displayName to be configured to be served correctly SOON so I can launch my beta! Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Joe Hopkins avatar image Joe Hopkins commented ·

When is the DisplayName bug going to be fixed?

0 Likes 0 ·
Brian Jensen avatar image
Brian Jensen answered

As of right now DisplayName although it is said that it gets it. Sadly does not. This is a known issue with no date known for fixing. I was told to just wait. I've stopped using PlayFab altogether for Groups and use it only for logging in and providing authentication.

1 comment
10 |1200

Look above mate, seems they are treating it as a bug now and will be fixed! Hopefully soon, as this is pivotal to the functionality of my game (as it seems was yours too - hence why you abandoned Groups).

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.