question

Gaston Schattenhofer avatar image
Gaston Schattenhofer asked

Verification status through Api call

Is there a way to get the user contact email verification status through an Api call? If so, which api/s call/s?

Thanks!

Player DataAccount Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Yes, you can add ProfileConstraintsin the request when calling GetPlayerProfile, for example:

{
  "PlayFabId": "***********",
  "ProfileConstraints":{
  	"ShowContactEmailAddresses": true
  }
}

The successful callback will be like:

{
    "code": 200,
    "status": "OK",
    "data": {
        "PlayerProfile": {
            "PublisherId": "***********",
            "TitleId": "****",
            "PlayerId": "***********",
            "ContactEmailAddresses": [
                {
                    "Name": "Primary",
                    "EmailAddress": "***********",
                    "VerificationStatus": "Pending"
                }
            ]
        }
    }
}

As you can see the VerificationStatus is provided in the response.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Gaston Schattenhofer avatar image
Gaston Schattenhofer answered

Awesome, thanks @SethDu !

10 |1200

countinglampposts avatar image
countinglampposts answered

@SethDu I am finding that the API call results are no longer including a VerificationStatus field. The Name and EmailAddress fields are populated, but VerificationStatus is simply missing. Whats going on? Is this a playfab bug? This was working when I first implemented the system.

2 comments
10 |1200

Akarsh jain avatar image Akarsh jain commented ·

@countinglampposts the ans to your question is use result.PlayerProfile.ContactEmailAddress[0].VerificationStatus

if i am thinking right

1 Like 1 ·
Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·

I think Akarsh jain got the point. I don't see this behavior in my testing results. If you are uncertain the contained information in response, I suggest try it via Postman first. Postman (REST) SDK - PlayFab | Microsoft Docs

0 Likes 0 ·
Dan Kardell avatar image
Dan Kardell answered

@SethDu How do you re-send this if the user does not get it or delete it by mistake?

10 |1200

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.