question

samcsantillo avatar image
samcsantillo asked

Stuck WaitingForMatch when searching with lobby

Hey everybody, been having an issue specifically when matchmaking with multiple users on a ticket. When polling with players, I will initially get the WaitingForPlayers status, which is expected, but after that stage all lobby members will endlessly be in WaitingForMatch until the ticket cancels out. I am not too sure what I am missing and if there needs to be additional settings in the queue? Matching solo works fine for me too, and a bit confused cause from my understanding is the matching process should be the same from this point onward. Thanks!

Matchmaking
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

JayZuo avatar image JayZuo ♦ commented ·

Have you checked Multiple user ticket matchmaking? Follow this quickstart should help you.

0 Likes 0 ·
samcsantillo avatar image samcsantillo JayZuo ♦ commented ·

Yes, I have read all that I can find. As mentioned, I am able to join the ticket just fine and get past the WaitingForPlayers portion of the ticket polling. The docs say everything after this point is the same as the solo queuing which works fine for me as well. All lobby members are endlessly polling the WaitingForMatch state until the ticket is cancelled however. I know there is something I am missing either in the queue or the player attributes.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

Could you provide your queue configures? So we can investigate it.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

samcsantillo avatar image samcsantillo commented ·

Sure thing, don't have any builds up so that is why that is blank at the moment. Not much going on there at the moment right now. I would think there is something else that is needed.

0 Likes 0 ·
1.png (44.2 KiB)
Sarah Zhang avatar image Sarah Zhang samcsantillo commented ·

If you use the JoinMatchmakingTicket. It generally means you want to let the multiple players join one team. If you make multiple players JoinMatchmakingTicket successfully, they may share one ticket. The clients should keep their WaitingForMatch status. Only after the second ticket is created, the two tickets will be matched.

Do you want to make the Free for All match? I'm not very sure. If so, you can refer to this queue configure. If you want to do a 2v2 match, you can refer to this queue configure.

If you follow the sample queue. In your code, you don't have to add the MembersToMatchWith field and don't have to use the JoinMatchmakingTicket. You can use the code and the process like you matching the single-player. You just need to CreateMatchmakingTicket in your multiple clients, then GetMatchmakingTicket in your multiple clients. They will be Matched, then be assigned to the appropriate team. Please use the JoinMatchmakingTicket when you want to make specific players join one team.

In addition, we can't save the queue successfully when we check the Enable server allocation and leave the Build for multiplayer server blank. If it's blank we should uncheck this checkbox.

0 Likes 0 ·
samcsantillo avatar image samcsantillo Sarah Zhang commented ·

Ah! Alright, that makes more sense. Apologies for any misunderstandings then, but one thing I am a bit confused about then is couldn't there be lobby members getting into different matches if that's the case? For example, if I need to match with somebody who has better ping in a different region or if a queue is filled with other players while there are still lobby members trying to join in on that one? In my case, the matchmaking is for a Free for All type of gamemode. Thanks for the clarification :)

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.