question

oskar avatar image
oskar asked

TitleData/Catalog/Cloudscript mismatch when working with multiple "environments" (titles)

Hi,

From what I gather the way to go with having separate "environments" (dev/qa/live) is to have one PlayFab title for each and copy config between them. So far so good. However, a question has popped up:

• Cloudscript needs to be deployed to become "Live" but what about the Catalog of items, the Title Data and the stores etc? From what I can tell these become "Live" as soon as they are created for the title that is our live environment. How to I tackle the situation where I want to copy our config from say the QA to the Live title and our Catalog (and Title data etc etc) becomes instantly Live for our game but the cloudscript code does not. As an example this could potentially break the code that is already Live if it expects a certain format of some Title data, certain itemIds to exist and so on.

How do you suggest to deal with this scenario?

Best regards, Oskar

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

When you need to update your TitleData/Catalog/Cloudscript for your live Title. You may need to determine the "maintenance time" and "maintenance duration" then inform the user in advance. When you are updating these data, you can temporarily "Disable client API access". Then enable client API access after you can make sure your title code works OK. About “Disable client API access”, you can navigate to [Settings]->[API Features] to find it.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.