question

nbanks avatar image
nbanks asked

Backup Player Data

We are concerned with having the Player Data backed up, in particular purchases made by players. From what what I have gathered from various post there is no way we could do that (by say having it backed up to an S3 bucket.) Is that correct? Also, from what I gather that would not be necessary due to you already backing up the data in multiple locations, correct? Is there any back up other than yours you would recomend? Thanks in Advance!

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

>> there is no way we could do that (by say having it backed up to an S3 bucket.) Is that correct? Also, from what I gather that would not be necessary due to you already backing up the data in multiple locations, correct?

Yes, they are correct. Currently, backing up player data to an external data warehouse is not supported. PlayFab team back up all data for the service on a daily basis, to ensure we have everything needed to recover from a worst-case disaster scenario. But the backup data is not provided to the customers.

>> Is there any back up other than yours you would recomend?

There is an Admin API ExportMasterPlayerData that would allow you to request all the data for a particular player. That data would be emailed to the notification email address configured for the title. You can refer to this doc PlayFab GDPR for more details.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.