question

temes avatar image
temes asked

Google Play Store IAP with Unity and PlayFab: "Unavailable product" error

https://api.playfab.com/docs/tutorials/landing-commerce/getting-started-unity-iap-android

I've followed this tutorial and added an item to our Google Play Console and PlayFab titles, as described in the guide. When running the game in Unity editor, the initialization works as supposed to and the button provided by the your example script is updated. However, when testing the build on an android device, the initialization fails and the "Unavailable product: { item_id }" is prompted.

What could be the cause of this? The version of the build is the same on Google Play Console as on the android device its tested on. The app should be released as an Alpha version (though I'm not 100%, the UX on Google Play Console has had me confused to say the least. The current status of the app states "Pending publication").

Thanks in advance!

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Seth Du avatar image Seth Du ♦ commented ·
  • What's your title ID?
  • Can you provide some screenshots on Managed Products tab of your Google Play Console, as well as the detailed item page.
  • In which step does your project report "Unavailable product: { item_id }"? Any codes can be helpful.

Please note that sensitive information should be hidden.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
temes avatar image
temes answered

Turned out that I just needed to wait for my application to be published on Google Play Console, and things started working on their own. I would've edited my post if I could've, sorry about that!

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.