question

dklompmaker avatar image
dklompmaker asked

Numerous Users Getting `Unknown error` response from Playfab

We have several users across the globe that are receiving `Unknown error` response from Playfab. Since we utilize Playfab as our main mechanism for logging in, storage, etc. They are unable to play the game.

This is all the information that their clients receive.

Is there any back-end server logs or anything to provide insight into why they are receiving these issues? Our users also access our multiplayer server and AWS, so it's not a matter of internet outage, etc.

We can provide specific Playfab Id's if it is helpful. Or perhaps, you can look to see any error reports generated against our Title ID: EACE.

support
2 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dklompmaker avatar image dklompmaker commented ·

A few of our users who've at least been able to login, but receive the error.

A78426F9A83B5FA6
ED94025B92F1D3E6
98B7073ECF92048E
BABC651C308626C2
904C86FB8B9D5155
2DF3E7FA2413D433
102DCA92BACB04E8

0 Likes 0 ·

A majority of Chinese users cannot access it either (even with VPN).

33FEA70846C4F92A
FA51CE97B37AA005
45C90E97A8D7BAD9
46E7F001673957C9
449769DE41DC617B
3E1C2515C1F2E70C
30CE9B147B15DB60

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi, I am asking our product team to take a look, I will keep you informed of any updates, sorry for this inconvenience.

By the way, PlayFabId alone would be enough for us to investigate. Displayname or location info are considered as PII, you might need to avoid that.

9 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi, I am asking our product team to take a look, I will keep you informed of any updates, sorry for this inconvenience.

I appreciate this and will keep an eye out.

By the way, PlayFabId alone would be enough for us to investigate. Displayname or location info are considered as PII, you might need to avoid that.

Since there's no way to edit, nor delete, the comments. I cannot remove the unnecessary information. Is there a way I can do this?

Thanks,

0 Likes 0 ·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com dklompmaker commented ·

You should be able to select More on your comment then select Edit

0 Likes 0 ·
Andy avatar image Andy ♦♦ brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

I removed the potential PII.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan dklompmaker commented ·

Hi, we need to know which API calls are returning the “Unknownerror” response in order to help you. We do see cases in the API call history of UnknownError responses on calls to GrantItemsToUser, but these wouldn’t be visible to the clients (it’s a server call). And, we can see plenty of “InvalidSteamTicket” errors from the Dashboard, not sure if it’s related to your issue that the users cannot log in, you might want to check that.

General speaking, if this “UnknownError” doesn’t appear in the API call chart on the dashboard, we don’t know anything about it because the request isn’t making to us, you might need to investigate it on your end. Also, it might be helpful if you can find out what happens when the client retries these errors.

0 Likes 0 ·
dklompmaker avatar image dklompmaker Citrus Yan commented ·

The errors are happening from our Server API in response to user actions. The server notifies the user of an error. We use Sentry to log the exceptions back so we can see the response from Playfab. However, since the error only contains "Unknown error" it's very difficult to ascertain the issue.

Per the issues you see regarding GrantItemsToUser, is there any special about the requests that's causing the issue? Or perhaps, is there something of use here?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Tahir avatar image Tahir commented ·

This seems to be happening again

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.