question

Jason Andersen avatar image
Jason Andersen asked

Matchmaking "WaitingForServer"

Hello,

I've been testing the multiplayer matchmaking but I have a problem, only the first time clients try to connect to the game server the matchmake state changes from "WaitingForServer" to "Matched". After the first time never changes from "WaitingForServer", I've done what @Citrus Yan suggests in this thread https://community.playfab.com/questions/32142/what-does-the-matchmakier-ticket-waitingforserver.html, so I've increased the number of MAX SERVERS from 1 to 4, but with that configuration I'm able to test 4 times and after that I start getting the same behavior and the matchmake state never changes from "WaitingForServer". My test for the moment has a configuration that both MIN and MAX players = 2.

I don't know if I have to disconnect the client from the current session when it closes the game, or there is something else that has to be done in order to free the game server?

There is a way to force the server to be in StandBy state?

Matchmaking
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image
brandon@uprootstudios.com answered

Servers go into StandBy when they're shut down (when the server application quits/exits). We shut down our servers (using Application.Quit() in Unity) when all clients have disconnected.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jason Andersen avatar image Jason Andersen commented ·

Hi Brandon, thanks for your answer, I'm going to try that :).

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi Jason,

Just as Brandon mentioned, servers will be free after they were shut down. If you don’t shut down at least one of these 4 servers, the matchmaking state will always be “WaitingForServer” because all of these 4 server instances are in running state. New server instances cannot be instantiated because MAX SERVERS quota is 4. You can find out how to shut down your game server in here: Gracefully shutting down your game server

1 comment
10 |1200

Jason Andersen avatar image Jason Andersen commented ·

Hello @Citrus Yan, thanks for the support, I'm going to check the link.

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.