question

Kyle Meadows avatar image
Kyle Meadows asked

Uploading server gives "MultiplayerServerBadRequest"

I'm trying to upload a server I've integrated with the 2.0 sdk, but I'm having problems with it.

I called the Start method and registered a callback for Shutdown, health, and UpdateConnectedPlayers.

I tested it in the playfab mock environment (I could not test with a container as I don't have Windows Pro), and it worked correctly; it went through StandingBy, Active (I connected and played), and Terminating (this never showed in the window, but it closed the game when it was supposed to).

I uploaded my zip file and set up the Assets settings like what's on my local computer, but it doesn't seem to work. When I put an initial StandBy server count to 1 it doesn't even create the build - it immediately says MultiplayerServerBadRequest - MultiplayerServerBadRequest. If I have it set to zero it creates the build, but when I go back into the build settings and settings and set StandBy count to 1 it will say, "Deploying" for a good amount of time and then eventually say Unhealthy.

My title is 81BD.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi Kyle,

I noticed that you don’t have the environment to test running in a container on your PC, maybe that's where the problem resides. However, it's hard to narrow down the issue based on current information. Can you provide us your code logic for us to investigate? Thanks.

9 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Kyle Meadows avatar image Kyle Meadows commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Kyle Meadows commented ·

OK, I will try to reproduce it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kyle Meadows avatar image Kyle Meadows Citrus Yan commented ·

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Kyle Meadows avatar image Kyle Meadows commented ·

It seems I can't directly reply to your last message.

I don't see anything about a heartbeat in the guide to implementing the SDK - I just see registering the health callback? You're saying there is something else I haven't added yet?

This is all the code used to integrate the playfab sdk into my server. The class "GameServer" has only to do with the game logic and does not reference playfab's sdk. That being said, I sent you the .zip in a private message.

0 Likes 0 ·
Kyle Meadows avatar image Kyle Meadows Kyle Meadows commented ·

Hmm, okay... So it seems I can't private message you either. I sadly don't have anything else to send you that's relevant to playfab.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Kyle Meadows commented ·

Alright, I will try to reproduce it based on the single code you provided to see what I can get, I will keep you informed of new updates.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
natepac avatar image
natepac answered

What does this error even mean? Please give better errors to us developers, we understand what they mean.

Anyways, here is a link to the server I am trying to upload:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12-OQPG_8_njx2oqM1Qw11nzihhMEQ4TW/view?usp=sharing

Relevant Scripts: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aC9fxZt5yoRiDK1gqe8342c-QqruHIQ7/view?usp=sharing

By "relevant scripts" these are the scripts I am using to actually get the Server and Client going. I am using Mirror and Unity and also the uSurvival project from the asset store. I am just trying to get this project to work on PlayFab Multiplayer before I start jumping into my own custom game. I have adapted example code from your other projects to make this work, but I am getting the ever so helpful error: "MultiplayerServerBadRequest - MultiplayerServerBadRequest"

I am also the author of this post, so I have experience with getting a simple Mirror and Unity server up on PlayFab and getting it to work:

https://community.playfab.com/questions/38925/connecting-to-a-multiplayer-server-hosted-on-playf.html

17 comments
10 |1200

brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

@Natepac Do you mean you're having issues uploading it? Or that the error occurs when you try to actually spin-up the server asset? Keep in mind, when uploading it, you need to put everything in a .zip file and upload the .zip file. After putting it in a .zip file, I was able to upload it in about 5-10 mins.

0 Likes 0 ·
natepac avatar image natepac brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

Title ID: 6DE50

Yes, it's when I try and upload it, then I get the error. I just tried it again and got the error. Screen shots attached of the Multiplayer Build Manager Console.

usurvival1.pngusurvival2.png

0 Likes 0 ·
usurvival1.png (40.1 KiB)
usurvival2.png (32.7 KiB)
natepac avatar image natepac brandon@uprootstudios.com commented ·

Yes, I am keeping it in the zip file. I am using the exact one I linked you to.

0 Likes 0 ·
brandon@uprootstudios.com avatar image brandon@uprootstudios.com natepac commented ·

Ah, gotcha. I uploaded it using the Admin API and it worked fine (I didn’t try the Game Manager). If you want, I have a tool that allows for easy uploading to PlayFab using chunked files, it uses the Admin API in the background. https://github.com/bphillips09/PFAdmin/releases Keep in mind that for files over 100MB (yours is around 150MB I think), it won’t show upload progress, but it will still be uploading. For me, your file took around 5-10 minutes.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.