question

Zaid Azmi avatar image
Zaid Azmi asked

Screentime not being calculated calculated correctly?

We are having issue of screentime not being reported correctly. Currently, it shows our users spend about 1 min 50 sec which looks totally wrong. I randomly opened 50 player profiles and looked at their event history and marked time spent by them in an excel. The average time is well above 20 minutes. I am attaching the excel below. Please help.

kahanibox-engagementxlsx.zip

Player Data
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi Zaid,

The average screen time showed in <Analytics> -> <Trends> is the average amount of time the game is displayed on screen continuously during a single interval. Which means it’s the average time of players enter your game and leave it in every single interval. Correct me if I am wrong, I think you may understand it as the average time of the total time each player spent in your game. If you do understand it as I do and the “time spent” data in excel is indeed the time that the game is displayed on screen continuously during a single interval. You may need to provide us your title id so we can investigate it, thanks.

4 comments
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Zaid Azmi avatar image Zaid Azmi commented ·

Yes I only looked at event history in a single session. And I do understand how the average time is considered by a single session. But it does look off to me. Would be greateful if you could check. Title ID 75670.

0 Likes 0 ·
Citrus Yan avatar image Citrus Yan Zaid Azmi commented ·

OK, I will check and keep you noticed :)

1 Like 1 ·
Zaid Azmi avatar image Zaid Azmi Citrus Yan commented ·

Hi there, just wanted to check if you were able to look into this?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.