question

Rekall Games avatar image
Rekall Games asked

Getting Profile Language

Hello,

I have a question regarding the Players Profile Language for the Unity Client API. I know how to set the Language of the player but is it also possible to retrieve it? I want to prevent that I will update the language every time even if the language is already set. The GetAccountInfoResult doesn't seem to have a language property of the account.

Kind regards,

Ramon

Rekall Games

Player Dataunity3dAccount Management
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Seth Du avatar image
Seth Du answered

Currently there is no API that can retrieve language setting. Feel free to send a thread on our Feature Requests Forum but in most of the cases, the language setting is for features like push notification template and email template due to their multiple languages templates. When notification/email is sent, the specific language template will be chosen automatically by PlayFab.

If you need to manage the data as player’s language preference, you can use player data to store for sure.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Rekall Games avatar image Rekall Games commented ·

Thanks for your answer. Will send a thread in there and will use the PlayerData option for now. Was hoping for a property somewhere that I was missing, but that will fullfill my needs for now as well!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.