question

ayoub-alaoui-kadiri avatar image
ayoub-alaoui-kadiri asked

Question about item choice,Asking about the Catalog

Good morning ,

I have a question regarding the best way to manage my game items , I have in the game 10 cars , for each car i have 5 rims that are specific for that car , so if you buy that rim it's only valid for that car ,What is the best way to save the data on playfab for the car and for the rims ??

Thank you for your time

Good morning ,

I have a question regarding my game , i have 6 cars in the game :

1-Car 1

2-Car 2 .......

For each car we have 5 mirrors and 5 wheels, for each car if you buy the mirror you want you can only use it for the that car, so it's specific to the car :

What is the best solutions to store those items , do you recommend setting the cars as characters and the sub-items as character item , or there are better solutions , Thank you for your time

Player DataPlayer Inventory
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
Citrus Yan avatar image
Citrus Yan answered

Hi, in my understanding, the feature that you want components (rims, mirrors, etc.) specific to a particular car is not natively supported by PlayFab. You’ll need to add some kind of a game logic to determine which components belong to which car. Setting cars as characters and the sub-items as character item sounds good to me, it’s logically more clear to implement, however, this may increase API calls. You can also simply put all of the items (cars, rims, mirrors, etc. ) in the same catalog and determine which belongs to which from the client, it should work fine but sure it would be a little bit messy to handle. Anyway, what I want to say is, there are no such best solutions. You need to find a way that suits your game the best.

1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ayoub-alaoui-kadiri avatar image ayoub-alaoui-kadiri commented ·

Thank you Citrus , i'm implementing the second solutions by setting all the items in the same catalog,

Thank you !!

0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.