question

Santiago Medina Chaverra avatar image
Santiago Medina Chaverra asked

Currency conversion service

Hello,

We are trying to perform IAP using steam as provider. In the project we just enabled the currency conversion service. The problem is that every time the client calls the PayForPurchase we get a "Invalid amount because currency requires price increments of 100" error. My guess is that when the conversion is done by Playfab the converted value is not a multiple of 100. Is there a way to modify the converted value before it's sent to Steam? Thanks in advance.

In-Game Economypricing
1 comment
10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Santiago Medina Chaverra avatar image Santiago Medina Chaverra commented ·

Also I want to add that every time that we call the StartPurchase it doesn't matter if the item has the local currency set in the RealCurrencyPrices the payment options will always return the RM price converted to my local currency, and never use the value set in the RealCurrencyPrices. How do i tell playfab that if the local currency is in the RealCurrencyPrices, use that price and not the RM conversion. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

·
Sarah Zhang avatar image
Sarah Zhang answered

After calling PayForPurchase, PlayFab passes the data to Steam automatically from the backend. You can check the doc Non-receipt payment processing for more details. So we can’t modify the converted value. And RealCurrencyPrices isn’t enable currently, setting those values will have no effect. You can check this thread for more info. In addition, this thread mentioned email support. If the email support can’t work, you can check the contact page. About the PlayFab new support overview, you can check this blog for some info.

10 |1200

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.